Monday, October 22, 2007

Negotiation #8 World Bank Game

This was the best negotiation so far. I enjoyed this card game of armed and unarmed. Dawn was my team mate and at first the directions were a bit unclear, but it became less confusing as we actually played the game out.

Each team, me and Dawn, opposite team- Scott, Amy and Laura Ellen , are given 20 cards, turning 10 face up(armed) and 10 down (unarmed).

Our teams are divided by folded, standed up, manila folders, so each team cannot see the other members cards, or hands. The only thing they can see is our poker faces..

Each round consists of 7 moves, I cannot remember how many rounds we had in the course of that night.

In each round, each team had the choice to turn 3 times, either armed or unarmed, with the choice to "attack" the other team. The other team has to decide to do the same.

At a break time, me and Scott, stepped outside to discuss his proposal to negotiate, a trust factor, of breaking bank, instead of each other. At first I went with this, until discussing with my team mate, Dawn. We both decided it could be a bluff for them to win, and went with attacking until we had none. Later we find out they were not bluffing, and had another tactic for a win win situation for both teams.

I learned that trust was a factor in this negotiation. I apply this to the real world negotiating. I don't want to do business and negotiate my money with people I don't trust.

The game was fun, and in addition we recieved some coins for our earned negotiations. Which was very unexpected!

All in all , this was the funnest negotiation so far.

No comments: